Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dodge City

We drove from Amarillo, TX stopping briefly at Cadillac Ranch then headed north to KS. We stopped in Greensburg, KS to look at the World’s Largest Hand Dug Well and to see how the rebuilding process is coming. Greensburg was in the path of a tornado in early May, 2007 and 95% of the town was destroyed. I was amazed at how much rebuilding has taken place. We stopped for the night in Dodge City, KS and were treated to a dying thunderstorm that produced some nice lightning.

3 comments:

janado said...

What was the Cadillac Ranch Rachel?
In case you're not sure I am Judy...Janado I made up so I could post here. Did you get some good lightning pics?

Rachel C. said...

Cadillac Ranch is on the west side of Amarillo, it is a bunch of cadillacs stuck in the ground.

janado said...

I hadn't heard of that before but that "is" original lol